Due to current guidelines regarding social distancing the surgery will be holding flu clinics at Parkside Hall, Ampthill rather than at the surgery this year. This is to ensure that we keep our patients and staff safe. It will also enable us to offer larger clinics as we are keen for our patients to be vaccinated as early in the season as possible.
It is imperative to adhere strictly to government guidelines, so please read the following information prior to attending for your vaccination:
- Do not attend on the day if you have any symptoms of COVID cough/temperature/loss of smell or taste.
- Do not attend on the day if you are feeling unwell.
- Ensure you are wearing a face covering.
- Weather permitting, please try to wear minimal loose clothing that can easily be adjusted to expose the top of your arm
- If driving to Parkside please stay in your car until your appointment time.
- If queuing outside the hall please socially distance yourself. There are no facilities to queue undercover so please come prepared.
- Enter the hall at the main front door
- Please do not enter the hall prior to your booked appointment time.
- Your temperature will be checked as soon as you arrive and if it is raised you will not be allowed access to the hall, and will not be given your flu vaccine on that day.
- Social distancing measures will be in place inside the hall
- There will be no seated waiting area
- You will only be given the flu vaccine at this appointment (NO OTHER Vaccines given or medical conditions will be discussed)
- You will leave the hall via a designated exit doorThere is plenty of parking at Parkside Hall.
Flu vaccination for 50-64 year olds
We are pleased to announce that we will be receiving supplies of flu vaccines for our patients aged 50-64 years in the near future and are therefore now able to book patients in for their flu jab.
Please note we will not take delivery of these vaccines until 11th December so are not able to offer earlier appointments. The vaccine supply has been imported from USA, having been used there since 2013. Although it does not have a UK licence, the Medicines Healthcare Regulatory Agency have given their authorisation for it to be administered to this patient cohort.
We will be running a clinic on Saturday 12th December 2020 at Parkside Hall, Ampthill for these vaccinations.
Where possible please book your appointment online to reduce telephone traffic into the surgery. If you don’t have online access please telephone the surgery, but wait until after 11:00 in the morning to enable patients with urgent issues to get through to us earlier in the day.
When booking, please ensure you take note of the clinic number you have book in to e.g Flu Clinic 5.
Once you have booked please visit our website www.houghtonclosesurgery.co.uk to read the safety rules for the clinic to ensure that we comply with Covid regulations and social distancing protocols.
Many thanks for your patience and understanding.