Clinical Commissioning Group
Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
We are responsible for planning, organising and buying NHS-funded healthcare for around 450,000 people who live in Bedfordshire Borough and Central Bedfordshire, including hospitals, community health and mental health services.
All GP practices in Bedfordshire are members of the CCG divided into five localities: Bedford, Chiltern Vale, Leighton Buzzard, Ivel Valley and West Mid Bedfordshire.
“To ensure, through innovative, responsive and effective clinical commissioning, that our population has access to the highest quality healthcare providing the best patient experience possible within the resources available”
To ensure that people in Bedfordshire receive the best possible healthcare. If you are a patient we want you to feel safe, reassured and well cared for at all times whenever you come into contact with the NHS.
- Make quality and safety the number one priority for all the services we commission
- A culture that listens to, learns from and empowers patients
- High-quality general practice in Bedfordshire
- High-quality experiences for all patients when they use local NHS services
- Joined-up approach in health and social care
- Achieve the best possible health outcomes.
We will do this by:
- Working with others – patients, families and carers and the public; GPs and localities; local councils; hospital, community and mental health partners; voluntary organisations and community leaders
- Asking our doctors, nurses and clinical experts to use their expertise to help drive improvements and develop new ways of providing care outside hospitals
focusing on health outcomes